German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said that he and his American counterpart Rex Tillerson agree on the need to refuse attempts by certain countries to isolate Qatar.
Gabriel said that he worked with the US Secretary of State Tillerson to find a solution to the crisis that would spare the Gulf states from the 'threat of war'.
In an interview published on Thursday in Stern magazine, the German foreign minister said in recent months, the US secretary of state has shown how European policy and US policy could be more integrated, and that both sides could work hand in hand on many issues, adding that this was evident in the way the two sides cooperated in dealing with the Gulf crisis.
Earlier, Gabriel had said he no longer saw the risk of military escalation in the Gulf standoff.
The German foreign minister had visited Saudi Arabia, Qatar and mediator Kuwait last month as the Saudis and others seek to isolate Qatar over its alleged support for extremists.
He said Germany's intelligence service would participate in efforts to clear up the accusations by Qatar's neighbours.
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt announced on June 5 they were severing ties with Qatar for supporting "terrorism" and later put forward a list of 13 demands. Qatar denies the allegations.
The demands include Doha ending support for the Muslim Brotherhood and closing Al Jazeera.
The German foreign minister's assertion comes in the face of the UAE state minister for foreign affairs, Anwar Gargash's continuous threats of taking steps aimed at 'more isolation' of Qatar.
Doha has been calling for talks to end the crisis but the siege countries should first lift the unjust blockade imposed on Qatar.
In his address to the nation on July 21, His Highness the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani said that Qatar was ready for dialogue to resolve the diplomatic crisis, but stressed that any solution to the crisis must respect Qatar's sovereignty.