Malaysia's government has said that it has given approval to a private company to resume the search for the wreckage of MH370, almost four years after the flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing.
Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said on Saturday the government had approved a proposal from US-based exploration company Ocean Infinity to search for the plane on a "no cure, no fee" basis, meaning no fee will be paid unless it is found.
Ocean Infinity plans to conduct its search in an area of 25,000 square kilometres near Australian waters that was identified by experts as the plane's likely location, Lai said.
Malaysia, China and Australia called off their unsuccessful search - the largest in aviation history - in January 2017 after 1,046 days.
Since 2015, suspected debris from the plane has washed up on Reunion Island, as well as on the east coast of Africa, but so far, only two pieces of wreckage have been confirmed as definitely being from the missing airliner.
The Boeing 777 jet went missing with 239 passengers and crew on board on March 8, 2014, and is presumed to have crashed into the sea.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Indonesian policeman killed by sword-wielding militant
Philippines capital comes back to life although virus threat lingers
Uneven haircuts to end as barbers set for return
Duterte seeks staggered tuition payment to schools
Trump to strip Hong Kong privileges, curb students
42,000 OFWs to return home next month
Govt announces easing of curbs in Metro Manila
Indonesia rolls out public shaming for virus violators
Thailand to further ease lockdown restrictions