By Nimmi Afzal
Chinese Flavored Chicken - Veggies Spring Rolls
Servings: 6 people (12 spring rolls)
• Boneless Chicken-250 grams ( finely chopped )
• Broccoli-florets of 1 small sized one
• Carrot-1 ( sliced thin)
• Beans-a handful ( sliced thin)
• Ginger-1 inch piece ( finely chopped )
• Garlic- 4 cloves ( finely chopped )
• Soya sauce- 5 teaspoons
• Hot sauce-2 tablespoon
• Olive oil-2 tablespoon
• Garam masala powder-1/4 teaspoon
• Pepper powder-1/2 teaspoon
• Spring roll sheets- 12 medium sized one for each spring roll
• Egg-1 ( beaten well )
1. Let’s start with the filling. Heat a pan and add olive oil. To this add the chopped carrot, beans, ginger and garlic. Sauté it well for few minutes. Later add salt and cook it closed in medium flame with a lid.
2. To this add chopped broccoli and soya sauce.Sauté well and cook for another 2-3 minutes in medium flame with the lid closed.
3. Now add all the spices and hot sauce to the pan. If needed add more soya sauce and olive oil.
4. Lastly add chopped chicken and mix it well with the rest of the ingredients and cook this for another 5-6 minutes till it becomes soft and tender. Also add more salt or spices if needed and then switch off the flame.
5. Now let’s start filling the spring rolls. Separate the sheets from one another and place it on a plate. Add one tablespoon (or more) of chicken filling (near one corner, diagonally) on this sheet and fold it from both the sides and top. Then start rolling it towards the other corner. Stick the edge using water or egg wash. Repeat the same for all the sheets.
6. Heat a pan and add few drops of olive oil. Then shallow fry the rolls till it becomes golden brown and serve it hot with your favorite sauce.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Honey: There is no plan Bee
Paving the way by reducing food waste
“I never tell myself that I am perfect” — Nukhet Dora, Turkish cake specialist
‘Language of every kitchen is the same’ — Chef Zuzumo
A look at science behind the food
Transforming dreams and passion into stunning cake art
Tackling your child’s weight without giving a complex
Don’t forget these high protein foods in your diet
Learning authentic Italian cuisine in style