By Nimmi Afzal
Onion Pakora / Bhaji
Servings: 6 people
• Onion – 3 ( sliced thin )
• Ginger – 1 inch piece( finely chopped )
• Garlic – 6 cloves ( finely chopped )
• Curry leaves – a small bunch ( chopped )
• Cilantro leaves – a small bunch (finely chopped )
• Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
• Red chilly powder – 1/4 teaspoon
• Green Chillies – 2 ( finely chopped )
• Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
• Salt – as per needed
• Gram flour – 1/2 cup
• Water – less than 1/2 cup
• Asafetida – a small pinch (optional)
• Oil – as per required in order to deep fry pakoras
1. Add onion, chopped ginger and garlic, chopped leaves and green chillies in a big bowl. Mix all the things together and press it gently with hands. Now to this add the spice powders and salt.
2. Again mix all the ingredients together with hands. Now slowly start adding the gram flour and continue mixing along with some water. Be careful while pouring water.
3. Now heat a wok with enough oil to deep fry the pakoras on medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add small batches of pakoras with a fork. Do pour some oil on the top of pakoras to keep it firm while frying.
4. Flip it once the bottom part is golden brown. Do fry the other side too till golden brown and make sure you have fried all the sides properly.
5. Strain the pakoras from oil and place it on a bed of tissue papers to remove the excess oil.
6. Then serve it hot along with a cup of tea.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Mind your stress
The gift of blood is the gift of life
The age stage
The Beauty Myth
Discover the therapeutic nature of music, art and movement
Push your limits
“The whole concept of humanity is to help others” — Misbah-ul-Haq, cricket icon and Director of Pakistan Children’s Heart Foundation
In the middle of nowhere