By Nimmi Afzal
Onion Pakora / Bhaji
Servings: 6 people
• Onion – 3 ( sliced thin )
• Ginger – 1 inch piece( finely chopped )
• Garlic – 6 cloves ( finely chopped )
• Curry leaves – a small bunch ( chopped )
• Cilantro leaves – a small bunch (finely chopped )
• Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
• Red chilly powder – 1/4 teaspoon
• Green Chillies – 2 ( finely chopped )
• Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
• Salt – as per needed
• Gram flour – 1/2 cup
• Water – less than 1/2 cup
• Asafetida – a small pinch (optional)
• Oil – as per required in order to deep fry pakoras
1. Add onion, chopped ginger and garlic, chopped leaves and green chillies in a big bowl. Mix all the things together and press it gently with hands. Now to this add the spice powders and salt.
2. Again mix all the ingredients together with hands. Now slowly start adding the gram flour and continue mixing along with some water. Be careful while pouring water.
3. Now heat a wok with enough oil to deep fry the pakoras on medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add small batches of pakoras with a fork. Do pour some oil on the top of pakoras to keep it firm while frying.
4. Flip it once the bottom part is golden brown. Do fry the other side too till golden brown and make sure you have fried all the sides properly.
5. Strain the pakoras from oil and place it on a bed of tissue papers to remove the excess oil.
6. Then serve it hot along with a cup of tea.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Take a lesson from Autumn and let things go...
It’s my birthday; again and again
Social Media vs Real Life
The second essay
Joy comes with the morning
Getting off auto-pilot
The K2B Diet
Keep it natural