In a related infographic, the ministry said "based on the decision of the Council of Ministers, and in the context of the preventive and precautionary measures that the State is undertaking to limit the spread of the coronavirous (Covid-19), and to protect the safety of all citizens and residents", the following was decided:
* To reduce the working hours of employees and workers across the private sector to 20% of the total workforce to maintain necessary operations, while 80% of the staff will work remotely from home using technological tools.
* To reduce the working hours of employees and workers in the private sector who are still required to attend their workplaces, to six hours per day, from 7am to 1pm.
* All parties shall comply with the health requirements and take the necessary precautionary and preventive measures during their presence in the workplace or while working from home.
* Business owners shall direct employees working from home to take the necessary precautionary and preventive measures, and to refrain from leaving the house except in the event of an emergency in a bid to protect their safety.
The MoCI stressed that "any infringement or violation of this decision will subject perpetrators to legal accountability". The decision has already come into effect.
* Pharmacies and clinics* Factories* Maintenance companies* Food and subsidised supplies retail outlets* E-commerce companies* Telecom companies* Banks* Companies operating in State-run projects* Restaurants (deliveries and takeaways)* Gas stations* Logistic services companies and firms operating in ports, airports and Customs services
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
'Accountability leads to good governance'
FIFA Arab Cup 2021 tickets go on sale Tuesday
Steps needed to promote investments in food security projects, say Shura candidates
'World-class shopping experience' awaits public at new LuLu outlet
Qatar pursuing ambitious policy to promote local agricultural products
Bollywood designer Manish Malhotra to showcase works at Shop Qatar 2021
LuLu opens its ‘biggest, most innovative hypermarket' in Qatar's Abu Sidra Mall
FIFA President Infantino visits Ras Abu Aboud Stadium
QNL lines up artistic, cultural events for October