358 referred to prosecution for not wearing masks, 30 for breaching car limit rule
February 10 2021 09:16 AM
face mask - prosecution

Doha

The crackdown on violations of Covid-19 measures continued as the authorities concerned pulled up a large number of people for not wearing masks and not complying with the vehicle occupancy rule.

In a tweet on Wednesday, the Ministry of Interior (MoI) said 358 people had been referred to the Public Prosecution for not wearing masks where they are mandatory.

The measure is in line with the Cabinet decision based on Decree Law No 17 of 1990 on infectious diseases, and the precautionary and preventive measures in force in the country to contain the spread of the coronavirus, the MoI said.

The relevant authorities also referred 30 people to the prosecution for violating the rule limiting the number of people allowed in a vehicle, the MoI added.

According to the rule, four persons -- including the driver -- are allowed in a vehicle except when the occupants are members of the same family.



There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
MORE NEWS

HAPPENING IN DOHAMore