Healthy living, education, scientific knowledge and the cornerstones of Arab and Islamic culture will all form part of a series of virtual activities organised by Qatar Foundation (QF) during Ramadan.
Members of the community will have the opportunity to participate in an array of online events and programmes intended to help ensure the spirit of Ramadan continues even amid Covid-19 restrictions, as they enable learning, reflection and growth, QF has said in a statement.
“Throughout the holy month, Qatar Foundation will be offering a host of educational activities that are designed to be enjoyed by the whole family, and which reflect the true spirit of this special time,” said Mohamed Abdullah Fakhroo, executive director of Outreach and Institutional Advancement, QF.
“With the focus of these activities ranging from religion and culture to science and research, members of the community will be able to participate in lectures, competitions and workshops – all of which will be held online to protect public safety and wellbeing amid the Covid-19 pandemic.”
Activities organised by QF during the Ramadan period are as follows:
* Al-Saa’im Al-Sagheer 2021: an annual Ramadan activation organised by the Education City Mosque that aims to educate children about the importance of the holy month in fostering identity, knowledge, morals, ethics and values. The daily Ramadan Roundup with Ilyas and Duck animated mini-series will guide children along a path of self-awareness and self-improvement during Ramadan. It will run from April 12 until May 11 at 4pm each day, and is available here
* Asmaa’ Allah Al Husana: a programme organised by the Education City Mosque empowering community members to learn one of the names of Allah, The Merciful, The Beneficent, each day, from April 12 until May 12 here
* Muslim Scholars’ Contribution to Human Civilisation: a daily video from the Education Mosque, available from April 12 until May 12 on Instagram
* Ramadan Healthy Programme – Teach Your Kids How To Fast In The Month of Ramadan: available through Microsoft Teams from 3-4pm on April 12.
* Design Post-CovidHumanity: Taaruf, Taawun, Tarahum: the final part of an educational programme led by Hamad Bin Khalifa University’s College of Islamic Studies will see a Ramadan Summit being hosted. Each day throughout the holy month, a speaker will give a talk about the values that are most important to them. It takes place from April 12 until May 12 at 2pm each day. For more information and to register, visit this link
* Ramadan Healthy Programme – Virtual Family Yoga Sessions: available through Microsoft Teams from 4-5pm on April 14, 21 and 28.
* Ramadan Ladies Only Yoga Class (Harakeh): organised by QF Community Development and taking place every Thursday (12noon-1pm) and every Saturday (10-11pm) from April 14 onwards. Registration is through the Education City App, where more details and prices can be found.
* Ramadan FIFA 2021 E-Tournament: organised by QF Community Development and taking place from 8-11pm every day from April 15-17. To register, visit this link
or download the Education City App for free from Google Play and the Apple Store.
* Ramadan Ladies Only Balance Class (Harakeh): an aerobics sports programme for groups organised by QF Community Development and taking place every Thursday (12noon-1pm) and every Saturday (10-11pm) from April 15 onwards. Registration is through the Education City App, where more details and prices can be found.
* Ramadan Ladies Only Balance Class (Harakeh): an aerobic and anaerobic sports programme organised by QF Community Development and taking place every Thursday (12noon-1pm) and every Saturday (10-11pm) from April 19 onwards. Registration is through the Education City App, where more details and prices can be found.
* Fasting Safety with Diabetes: an online lecture organised by QF member Qatar Diabetes Association (QDA), available here
until May 20.
* The Sira of Prophet Muhammad: three online events on April 15, 22 and 29, from 2-3pm each day, organised by Qatar National Library. To register, visit this link
for the April 22 event, and this link
for the April 29 event.
* Ramadan Healthy Programme – How To Stay Healthy in the Month of Ramadan: family lectures available through Microsoft Teams with Qatar Diabetes Association (April 19) and the QF Nutrition Clinic (April 21), from 3-4pm each day.
* Interview with Mohamed Osama, founder of Akhdar: an event hosted by Qatar National Library from 1-2pm on April 22, aligning with World Book and Copyright Day, with the founder of a platform that provides creative summaries of bestselling books. To register, visit this link.