Qatar Airways has said it continues to strengthen its position as the leading international airline connecting the United States with Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
The national carrier of Qatar has announced that it will expand its US services to more than 100 weekly flights across its 12 gateways. These increased services are in addition to the carrier also expanding flights to several of its key global leisure destinations, including Cape Town, Maldives, Phuket, Seychelles and Zanzibar, providing more flexible summer holiday travel options via the 'Best Airport in the Middle East', Hamad International Airport, Qatar Airways has said in a press statement.
Four US gateways – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC - will offer double-daily flights, Dallas-Fort Worth increases to 12 flights per week with Boston, Miami, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Seattle all growing to a daily service.
Qatar Airways Group chief executive HE Akbar al-Baker said, “We are proud to be the leading international airline providing safe and reliable connectivity to and from the United States via the only 5-Star Covid-19 Safety Rated Airport in the Middle East, Hamad International Airport. Qatar Airways has remained committed to the United States throughout the pandemic, adding two new destinations with San Francisco and Seattle, while increasing flights across our 12 gateways to optimise connections with our growing network of over 140 destinations.
“We have also strengthened our strategic partnerships with Alaska Airlines, American Airlines and JetBlue, enabling us to connect to more cities and airports in the United States than any other airline, providing US travellers the most convenient way to travel internationally this summer. As we continue to lead the recovery of international travel, we will remain focused on providing seamless, safe and reliable connectivity to our millions of passengers and providing an unparalleled travel experience every time they choose to fly with Qatar Airways.”
Passengers can book flights with peace of mind, knowing that Qatar Airways offers unlimited date changes and fee-free refunds for all tickets issued before June 30, for travel completed by May 31, 2022, the statement notes.
The carrier’s booking policy also provides the permanent feature of exchanging tickets for a travel voucher with 10% additional value for all customers booking travel via qatarairways.com. For full terms and conditions, one can visit qatarairways.com/Flexibility.
BOX: US network enhancements:
* Chicago - increasing to double-daily flights between July 21 and September 26
* Los Angeles - increasing to double-daily flights between July 16 and September 26
* New York - increasing to double-daily flights from June 29
* Washington, DC - increasing to double-daily flights between July 22 and September 26
* Dallas-Fort Worth - increasing to 12 weekly flights between July 11 and September 26
* Houston - continued daily flights
* Boston - increasing to daily flights from July 3
* Miami - increasing to daily flights from July 4
* San Francisco - increasing to daily flights from June 29
* Seattle - increasing to daily flights from June 28
* Philadelphia - increasing to five weekly flights from July 6 and daily flights from July 21
* Atlanta - increasing to five weekly from July 15